Lessons from 2020 came thick and fast (and I don’t think they are over)… but I have to say they were best summarised by Marie Martin;
“The world can change quickly, friends matter greatly, alone and lonely are different, hope matters, learn from the past, the small moments are beautiful… Kindness is a great gift, optimism is priceless, be grateful for family, heroes truly exist…Give back generously, never stop trying, reach out to those you love… Live with bravery…”
What was missed in this beautiful summary? Just one line… “There is Power in Reunion”
2021 Reunion through communion
‘Reunion (noun) – the action of being brought together again as a unified whole’.
For all of us here at Londolozi living closely with nature, Reunion has come to mean a remembering of old wisdom, play and connection…like all good Reunions the gathering is powerful as it collapses time and lets only the moment be present.
Reunion can happen internally or externally. The beautiful action of communion to nature, family, friendship or oneself that results in the reunion; a remembering or knowing of truth.
Contrast is a teacher.
Everything in life is deepened by the experience of its opposite.
Isolation teaches us the value of connection.
The cold of winter is what makes summer such a gift.
The scent of the first rains lifts the spirit after the long dry months.
Rest is valued more deeply after we have been beset upon by busyness.
We are passengers as life awakens us with encounters of opposites.
At Londolozi, we are ready for the reunion.
The nature reunion. The greater family reunion. The reunion of all things
All through 2020 we have waited in silent contemplation of the natural world.
We have meditated on stillness beauty and the magic of this land.
We have gone inwards and examined every aspect of the Londolozi experience knowing that this time would come.
Now in this NEW YEAR with borders and camps open we are bursting with excitement to share Londolozi with a deeper and renewed understanding of all it has to offer.
Shared experiences are what make Londolozi the home of Ubuntu.
When we are together in nature’s grand cathedral of the wild, we feel connected to some greater intelligence.
Londolozi shared is the essence of Londolozi.
In connection with guests and wild creatures, we find ourselves whole again.
We have prepared ourselves.
We are ready for our reunion.
Here are 6 ways to start a Nature Reunion right now…
1. Start a meditation practice “The best meditation is effortless. The best meditation is a gentle awareness.” – Maxime Lagacé
2. Return to breath “When you own your breath, nobody can steal your peace.” – Unknown
3. Start your day with nature in mind “We don’t inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” — Native American proverb
4. Spend time with animals “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” –Anatole France
5. Get outside “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” — Albert Einstein
6. Come to Africa – Everything You Need to Know About Travelling to Londolozi, South Africa “Africa — You can see a sunset and believe you have witnessed the Hand of God. You watch the slow lope of a lioness and forget to breathe. You marvel at the tripod of a giraffe bent to water. In Africa, there are iridescent blues on the wings of birds that you do not see anywhere else in nature. In Africa, in the midday heat, you can see blisters in the atmosphere. When you are in Africa, you feel primordial, rocked in the cradle of the world.”- Jodi Picoult