This may strike you as a cringeworthy and sentimental statement, but bear with me as I show you how this could be true!
Londolozi is a heart-led family business with global intention for reconnection and nature reunion. See an example of our heart-led homes influence here.
This heart emphasis is central to the operation and intention of the Healing House. When employing our therapists the heart motivation of the individual is of the most important if not key element we look for. I touched on it 4 years ago when my journey with Londolozi began and I am more convinced of the truth of this statement than ever before:
Heart coherence is a real thing (how wonderful the science has caught up with the old knowing of nature); it is a measurement of the pattern in the heart’s rhythm, reflecting an orderly and harmonious synchronisation between the heart, lungs and brain. If we look at the science of the heart, interestingly the heart conveys more information to the brain than the other way round. Which explains why the practice of breathwork and meditation can calm stress and anxiety in the mind. Our hearts release a hormone which reduces the effect of the stress hormone cortisol. How wonderful is that?
An organisation called the Heart Math Institute has done some interesting research on the effect of the heart and heart coherence. There is now a Global coherence initiative whose research incorporates a wide variety of scientific data to gain new insights into the interconnectedness of humanity, plants and animals, as well as the sun and the earth’s magnetic activity.
At the Londolozi healing house we believe that we must tap into our heart intelligence.
When our heart and mind are out of alignment we show up as erratic and frustrated, which affects the people around us negatively energetically. When our heart and mind are aligned we show up as compassionate and at peace. The energy is positive and exchanges are more fruitful and creative. In essence when we calm and control our heart resonance and do this with others we are able to affect and indeed change the electromagnetic field of our environment.
If we all resonate at the frequency of fear and defence we are in a sympathetic state of fight or flight which has very negative outcomes. If we were to simply take responsibility and control of our individual heart resonance and if we were brave enough to practice this with others and focus and move more from a point of compassion and love, we would have the potential to switch to a parasympathetic state of rest. And from that frequency reap the immense benefits from a proverbial ‘change of heart’.
One of the best ways to tap into this individual heart resonance is with the powerful breath technique below:
Heart coherence breathing
- Your focus here is your heart.
- So for a moment before we begin settle in and place both hands on your heart, take three deep breaths and bring an emotion of appreciation, compassion or love into your awareness
- This technique is 6 breaths per minute
- Inhaling through the nose for 5sec exhaling out through the mouth for 5sec with pursed lips
- Try this for 5 minutes, 3 times a day
- Your heart rate variability will improve as well as your general resilience in life
- This technique will usher you into a state of calm and mental clarity
- Balancing the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system
- Grounding you in the present
- Once your heart and your inner world calms you will resonate that calm to the outer world.
I do hope you have a change of heart….