I seem to have lived under the guise that learning how to create tasty dishes, such as the Londolozi Vanilla and Caramel Cheesecake, is incredibly tough. The staff in the Londolozi kitchen have, however, shown me that these recipes are actually quite simple to prepare. So, with the help of our fantastic Head Chef, Craig Paterson, and Executive Sous Chef, Petrus Morapedi, we present to you a very simple and easy way to make the same Vanilla and Caramel Cheesecake that is served at all of the Londolozi Lodges.
Londolozi’s Vanilla and Caramel Cheesecake
- 1 Box Nutty Crust biscuits, finely crushed
- 100g melted butter
- 1kg good quality cream cheese, Philadelphia or extra thick American style cream cheese
- 3 whole eggs
- 4 tablespoon corn flour
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 500ml cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tin caramel treat
1. Combine the biscuits and the melted butter and line the base of a spring form tin. Press the biscuits firmly into the tin. Wrap a double layer of aluminum foil around the tin and place in a baking tray to create a bain-marie. Set aside.
2. Mix together the cream cheese, eggs and sugar in a electric mixer until smooth and then add the corn flour, cream and vanilla. Whisk until smooth and fluffy.
3. Pour mixture into tin. Fill the baking tin one third with hot water and bake at 170’C for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
4. Remove from the bain-marie and cool completely.
5. Heat the caramel in a small pot and smooth over the cheese cake.
6. Cool completely before serving.
With compliments from the Londolozi Kitchen Brigade…