Today we are touched to share with you a letter from our partner Kate Groch, a world-famous teacher and a big-dreamer, Ubuntu-driven CEO of the Good Work Foundation!
Dear Global Londolozi Family
Even though many of you are ten thousand kilometres away, over the last 12 weeks you have made a material difference to the Good Work Foundation (GWF) and the thousands of people who rely on us here in rural South Africa.
Your ongoing generosity and kindness during this unprecedented time in modern history has meant that we have been able to do the following:
- Create educational Covid-19 videos in seven languages that have been shared with thousands of South Africans
- Deliver 1000 food parcels to the most vulnerable communities bordering the Greater Kruger Park together with our amazing partners from the Sabi Sand Wildtuin NPO Forum
- Deliver free data sim cards and digital devices into the hands of our adult Career-Academy students so they can continue to learn from home
- Support our team with an education, wellness and support programme, including access to an online doctor and coaches
- Chip away at our 2020 financial exposure that was created as a result of Covid-19
- Keep a rural Contact Centre (the social enterprise “VillageUp”) up and running. In fact we’ve been able to create more jobs at VillageUp
- Continue with our strategic planning process, providing our team with invaluable tools and strategies to pivot as necessary during this time
- Submit a proposal to the local Department of Education that will allow for the possibility of 50 of our Open Learning Academy facilitators to support with digital learning in 25 schools as these schools start to reopen
- Help young learners continue to reimagine possibilities in spite of the lockdown, with one GWF Open Learning Plus participant coming runner-up in a nationwide coding competition
- Retain the entire GWF team, all 130 of us.
In the comments that accompany the donations that have been made, some of you have apologised for what you think is a small amount. Firstly, we are beyond grateful that you thought of us. Secondly, every $20 adds up, and we have been able to have the impact that I mention above precisely because of all the donations from the extraordinary tribe adding up over time.
It is with heartfelt gratitude that I offer my thanks on behalf of the entire GWF team. We will continue to match our integrity and passion to your generosity.
The Londolozi Global family has made an enormous impact over 13 years, and during the pandemic, you have shown up once again.
Thank you, and please find some photos of our recent work below. If you would like to see more regular updates, stay close to our stories on Instagram or I invite you to visit our website and sign up to our email newsletter.
With love and gratitude
Kate Groch, GWF Founder & CEO
And a note from me, Bronwyn Varty-Laburn – As students begin to return to campuses and schools start to reopen, Good Work Foundation’s work becomes as important as ever, and so if anyone would like to continue to add their generosity of spirit to this incredible cause please do so by clicking here.