Perfectly described “if” explanations, evoking the very best memories.. …. thank you Jemma.
If you’ve been to Londolozi, you’ll know… From wildlife to cuisine, service, in-camp experiences and more, Londolozi has been known to be a home-away-from-home to many. Something changes you after just one visit. Here are the 15 signs that we think show The Londolozi Effect has occurred within you:
1. You’ve gained a couple tracking skills along the way. So much so that your pets’ paw prints around your yard are no longer just marks, they tell a story and you treat them as evidence in an investigation to find its location.
2. Your favourite foods now include pap, sheeba, the Londolozi Muesli and malva pudding.
3. Your regular television episodes just aren’t making the cut for your evening’s entertainment anymore. Sitting around a crackling fire in the boma with the Londolozi Choir singing is now your classification of bliss. You need your bush TV back!
4. You actually considering changing your profession and working as a therapist just to spend your days in The Healing House!
5. Your butler has almost become part of the family and you’ve learnt to pronounce the word “Avuxeni” and “Inkomu” and are determined to get at least one whistling word correct.
6. Watching Animal Planet just doesn’t satisfy your safari craving anymore, you just need to see The Leopards of Londolozi in real life. Nothing compares!
7. You’ve done the Healing House’s Body Activation, and you’re improving on your plunge time of 3 minutes in the freeze pool.
8. You look at the birds in your yard a bit differently now, you take note of their calls, their behaviour and might even tick them off a birding list. You might even consider yourself a birder, and take a stab at Londolozi’s ‘What Bird Is This?‘ quiz, imagine that!
9. You had no idea you could take such exquisite photographs of wildlife! Your amateur photographs around your house are being replaced with masterpieces. Of course, the talent was all you, but your Photographic Studio Session might have helped too.
10. Your morning coffee is okay…it just isn’t the same after your Londolozi-Amarula-Coffee. You are tempted to get some of that liquid magic shipped to you.
11. You have already watched the trailer of the new Lion King and intend on catching it as it comes out, but you now have a soft spot for the hyenas and picture one of the Birmingham males every time you see Mufasa. You also think that Ximpalapala Koppie would be a perfect Pride Rock.
12. You wish you could replicate the ceiling of your home with that of the African night sky..
13. You enjoyed your local yoga class, but after Londolozi, your standard has raised to yoga-with-a-view. While doing your Downward-Facing Dog you keep a look out for elephants grazing in the Sand River and Vervet monkeys swinging in the Ebony trees.
14. Your new sundowner drink of choice is a South African, botanical infused Gin and Tonic! It also needs to be poured on the hood of a Land Rover, else it doesn’t taste the same.
15. Your daily magazine and newspaper are no longer that riveting; reading the blog is part of your daily routine and you’re up to date with all the ins and outs of the bush! And of course, you’re rooting for the survival of the Nkoveni, Nhlanguleni and Ximungwe females’ cubs!
16. Reading the last 15 points have made you nostalgic – it’s time to come back for a dose of The Londolozi Effect!
I’m sure we’re missing a couple signs. We’d love to hear how your trip/trips to Londolozi have made an impact on you in the comment section below…
Filed under Featured Life Photo Journal Safari experience Travel Wellness Wildlife
Thanks Marinda for adding some of the experiences you’ve loved while staying with us.