Good Work Foundation supports 12 preschools in rural Mpumalanga.
In almost all instances the support is made up of:
- Donations of supplies, learning materials, toys and playground equipment
- Formal teacher training workshops and guidance
Di Myburgh – the Good Work Foundation Preschool Coordinator – plans all of the teacher training workshops and also ensures that she visits the preschools for regular follow-ups.
This year, the Londolozi “Digital” Preschool team has excelled:
- The three teachers – Sharon, Omelia and Felicia – have attended every workshop this year and they have implemented all of the themes
- The team attended the Makaton Training workshop at the Hazyview Digital Learning Centre and are now implementing Makaton sign-language as a tool for foreign-language tuition
- Educational games play a central part in the Londolozi Preschool, especially memory games, puzzles and building blocks
- The children are showing a significant improvement in their small motor skill abilities, for example colouring in and threading beads onto a string
To celebrate the achievements of Londolozi’s Preschool, it was a pleasure for me to be able to take the ladies out for lunch.
Thank you Sharon, Omelia and Felicia for all you do, for implementing all the things you are taught and looking after our special little people. Keep up the great work.