Despite the enormous changes in the economies of the developed world and the strengthening of our local currency, 2010 has been a great year with a welcome boost from the Soccer World Cup. We particularly enjoyed presenting the luxurious and flexible New Pioneer Camp 1926 to our friends around the world. In the true spirit of partnership you have supported us with bookings beyond anything we could have imagined. Pioneer Camp has been well received by all who have stayed there so far.
In parallel with this new development the operational leadership team and our camp managers have been working closely with Shan Varty in a relentless drive to get, and keep, all the other camps into Picture Perfect (PP) order. The so called PP program never sleeps and, so it seems, neither does the Londolozi management in their ongoing desire to continually “sharpen” the Londolozi Experience for our guests.
Chris Kane Berman continues to guide Londolozi toward cutting edge sustainable technology with the production of his third prototype electric Land Rover now in service. Prototype No 2 caught fire one eventful evening leaving Kane Berman literally putting out fires…
We certainly see philanthropy as a growing global trend and in this regard the Good Work Foundation’s (gwf) footprint in the neighboring communities continues to grow.
During 2010 many graduation ceremonies have taken place as successful graduates completed courses in basic computer skills, typing skills, ICDL Certification, FGASA level 1 and 2, English literacy level 1 – 4, cooking, food and beverage, hospitality, game ranging and computer repair.
The gwf continues to apply its strategy of the 4 pillars of hope (Digital, English, Creativity and Environmental Literacy ) in all its educational interventions throughout many of our neighboring schools. Additionally, a number of teacher training workshops in creativity and First Aid have been held at the Londolozi learning centre.
The gwf results for 2010 speak for themselves :
- 30 teachers have received First Aid certificates.
- Training and resources have been provided for 20 Home Based care givers.
- A pilot Digital Literacy programme is operational at a local High School. It is open to students, teachers and parents, many of whom have already obtained the ICDL qualification.
- Vibrant English Literacy teaching continues at the Sam Nzime School near Londolozi.
- The 4 pillars of hope guest tour, exclusive to Londolozi, includes lunch and entertainment at “Ma Public” and the proceeds from these tours continue to support four small yet sustainable businesses where the gwf provides ongoing guidance to these dynamic entrepreneurs.
- The gardens project has found its own way and is now being run as a co-operative with a number of individuals having gardens in their own homes and supplying the lodge with vegetables on an ad hoc basis. — Readers are warned — ‘Spinach prices are set to plummet this season due to massive over supply in the local markets.’
- Finally my own particular favorite…… Londolozi buys 100% of all toilet paper used on site at the lodge from the Dabuka women’s co-operative – single and double ply available! These ongoing training teaching and capacity support efforts are made possible because of you and your support!
And so, on behalf of 200 Londolozi staff members and at least 2500 of their extended family — THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! for being our partners in trade; choosing us as your safari destination and for making Londolozi happen.
IN APPRECIATION OF YOUR EFFORTS AND IN THE TRADITION OF OUR ANNUAL CHRISTMAS VIDEO: WE PRESENT………FROM THE BUSHVELD FILM STUDIOS OF LONDOLOZI, SOUTH AFRICA ……. TO OUR FRIENDS IN THE TRADE ACROSS THE WORLD……..THE LONG AWAITED, THE INCREDIBLE, THE UNFORGETTABLE, THE UPLIFTING…….NEVER BEFORE SEEN ON SCREEN —– “ LONDOLOZI …CHRISTMAS VIDEO 2010”
********We invite you to make a contribution to the gwf’s Christmas Drive – Simply make an online donation of any amount to the below bank accounts. All Christmas donations will be used to purchase gifts for the children in our surrounding communities. *********
The Good Work Foundation
Bank: ABSA Bank Nelspruit
Acc Number: 4066398366
Branch Code: 632005
Swift Address: ABSA ZA JJ
Paypal account for International Donations
Click on this link to the LEAP website
Scroll down to the bottom of the page
Click on ‘Donate‘ button
NB: Please reference your payment with ‘Christmas‘ and ‘Your Name‘