Throughout our 9oth anniversary year we have been celebrating the things that make Londolozi what it is. We started by honouring the land, we celebrated the animals and now in closing, we kick-start our final chapter by going to the heart beat that is Londolozi: the people.

Londolozi is a place made by people, a place brought to life by the hearts of people. It is our guests and staff whose combined experiences breathe Londolozi into existence.

In the celebration of people we have created a three part series so that you can walk the 90 year journey with us in just a few minutes.  From Londolozi beginners and first timers to our ‘Londolozi Lifers’, enjoy the exploration of what it is to be part of the Londolozi family.  Stay tuned this time next month for the the big reveal in part 2.  For now we present you with our first video: ‘The Faces of Londolozi’.

This video is for the ones that have welcomed you, guided you, shared campfire stories with you and watched early morning sunrises with you. They’ve smiled with you, cried with you and together with you they make Londolozi the home of the Ubuntu. The home of the I am because of you…

Londolozi is a field of experience.

Its a place that is brought to life by people’s hearts.

Londolozi lives in people, it comes to life through people and it dwells in people.

We know that Londolozi is made of people.

Made from a feeling and a magic that comes from love

Its made of an almost unseen frequency

Its a place of adventures, relationships and wild encounters.

It is about connections,

It is about friendships.

Its made by our staff

Its made by our guests

and its made by the land and the animals.

Londolozi is the home of uBuntu.

It is the home of the I am.

It is the home of the I am because of you…

faces2

Filed under Life Video

About the Author

Rich Laburn

Head of Digital

Rich is the driving force behind Londolozi’s online storytelling and the Londolozi blog. His passions of digital media, film and photography, combined with his field-guiding background, have seen him take the Londolozi blog to new heights since he began it in 2009. Rich ...

More stories by Rich

8 Comments

on 90th Anniversary: The Faces of Londolozi
    Dave Mills says:

Excellent. Just absolutely excellent. By map, I’m over 16,000 km away from you. But, today, I feel like I stand next to each of you in Londolozi. I’m home.

Judy Guffey says:

My thoughts exactly except I’m 19,013 kms away from where my heart lives.

marinda drake says:

Awesome video!

Judy Guffey says:

19,013 km to where my heart lives. Happy 90th to everyone at Londolozi. I miss you and love you.

Michael & Terri Klauber says:

Congratulations on 90 years! Your video says it all – it’s the people – it’s the family – it’s South Africa magic! See you next June!!

Jill Larone says:

Fantastic, incredible video – I loved it! Beautiful pictures and tribute to the people, the land and the animals that combine to create the magic that is Londolozi. Dave expressed it beautifully — you do feel as if you’ve come home…right where you were always meant to be.

Diane Eissler says:

I am sitting here on Long Island , NY with chills and tears of joy watching and listening to this first Anniversary video. My friend and I plan to stay with you in April of 2017 and I feel so connected already.
    All “coincidences” regarding my intrinsic love of Africa has pointed to Londolozi over 60 years of my life so far.
    I thank God that I am able to finally land there in only a few months from now.
    I am, because of all of you.
    Diane Eissler ( Brockett)

Jan Baldwin says:

Congratulations on your 90th Anniversary! It was one of the most delightful safaris we have ever been on. Your excellent team of wonderful people made our 2007 Christmas vacation a most memorable experience. And, we saw 8 leopards! We have been to numerous game reserves to see leopard and returned home empty handed. Those early morning drives with Tom Emri and game spotter par excellence Meshach, gave us not just a lovely experience, but an education about the animals, the flowers, and even a huge spider’s habits. Unforgettable.
    Again, congratulations. Well done.